Throughout the country, the public is spending more time at home, and the amount of residential trash set out for pick-up has increased.
Collection providers are reminding their customers to place all trash items set out for pick-up in a container.
Locally, Waste Management provides residential trash collection for a majority of Canal Winchester addresses. Trash is picked up weekly on Mondays. Note: If Monday is a holiday (see below), service will be delayed by 1 day (there is no change/delay if a holiday falls on a weekend). Waste Management observes the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Sometimes, other circumstances may cause service interruptions or delays. To sign up to receive service alerts from Waste Management. click here.
PLEASE PLACE TRASH IN CONTAINERS
Residents are reminded, when setting trash out for pick-up, to follow these guidelines:
- Place all trash items in a plastic or metal container or a bag; please place bags inside a cart/container, if possible.
- Place trash carts within three feet of the curb in front of your driveway with the lid opening facing the street.
- Place trash at curb by 5 a.m. on collection day and remove the same day.
- Don’t overfill your cart/container
- Waste Management offers 96 gallon cart rental.
- Resident provided containers or bags must be no larger than 32 gallons, and no heavier than 50 lbs.
Regular residential trash service is operating, however, in order for Waste Management to maintain its focus on municipal solid waste collection and disposal, and due to the reduced number of employees in the field, effective Saturday, April 4, 2020, Waste Management is temporarily suspending Bulk Collection services (furniture, carpet, mattresses, appliances, etc.), which are non-essential during this period of emergency.
When the Declarations of Emergency and social distancing recommendations have been eased and Waste Management’s work force returns to pre-pandemic levels, Bulk Collection service will be restarted. Waste Management will provide notice when the service will resume. To sign up for service alerts from Waste Management, click here.