The City of Canal Winchester is pleased to once again feature family friendly Beggar’s Night activities. Children will be able to Trick-or-Treat on Thursday, October 31st from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. and then attend the annual Halloween party sponsored by VFW Post #10523 immediately following Trick-or-Treat. The free party will take place at the Frances Steube Community Center at 22 S. Trine Street. Canal Winchester Human Services will help sponsor entertainment for the evening.
While trick-or-treating can provide a lot of fun, general precautions should be taken. Some basic safety tips to follow include:
- Have an adult accompany children while they trick-or-treat.
- Only let children visit houses of people they know who have turned on an outside light to welcome trick-or-treaters.
- Inspect all candy before eating, and throw out any open or suspicious looking candy.
- Tell children to walk instead of run and look both ways before crossing the street.
- Encourage children to wear reflective costumes or add light sticks to their costumes to help make them more visible to motorists.
- Be extra cautious of children crossing the street if driving during or shortly before or after trick-or-treat hours.
Trick-or-Treat will be held rain or shine. Please use discretion when allowing children to participate.