Christmas in the Village
2020 Christmas in the Village
Canal Winchester's annual storybook Christmas celebration will be held in the city's historic downtown on Friday, December 4 and Saturday, December 5 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Activities will take place on the sidewalks and streets of downtown Canal Winchester as well as inside several business establishments around the city's municipal office building at 36 S. High Street.
For more information about Christmas in the Village, please contact Amanda Lemke at 614-834-9915. *For Craft Bazaar general inquiries and vendor opportunities, please contact Karen Stiles, Executive Director of Destination: Canal Winchester at 614-270-5053.
Christmas in the Village is a partnership between the City of Canal Winchester and Destination:Canal Winchester.
Christmas in the Village
- Tree Lighting 6:00 p.m. (Stradley Park - 36 S. High, Courtesy of Santa Claus)
- Visit with Santa (Hosted by Huntington Bank - 37 S. High, Courtesy of Destination: CW) *Look for Canal Winchester Human Services' Adopt-A-Family Toy Box! Food, Toy, or Donation to Adopt-A-Family Program always appreciated!
- Christmas Trolley (Stops at Huntington Bank, Community Center, and Train Depot)
- Popcorn Station (Hosted by Miss CW Pageant Queens, Stradley Place - 36 S. High)
- Ice Sculptures (Stradley Place)
- Hayrides (In front of municipal building - 36 S. High, courtesy of Dill's Greenhouse and local volunteers)
- Gingerbread House Contest (Hosted by HER Realtors, Kelly Abbott - 11 S. High)
- Children's Games (Hosted by Chase Bank - 8 S. High)
- Children's Crafts (Town Hall - 10 N. High, courtesy of Goddard School, CW)
- Craft Bazaar & Train Display (Community Center - 22 S. Trine, courtesy of Destination: CW)
- Brockstrong Holiday Lights Parade with Santa (Begins at 5:30 p.m. with Santa arriving downtown at 6:00 p.m.) Parade route (PDF)
- Christmas Carols by CWHS Choir (Stradley Place - 36 S. High, Time TBD)
- Santa Arrives By Firetruck (Santa arriving downtown at 6:00 p.m.) Santa route (PDF)
Visit our Historic Downtown Business District
during Christmas in the Village!
For those visiting our Historic Downtown Business District during Christmas in the Village - The following activities will be hosted by businesses located outside of the Christmas in the Village street closures. Please use sidewalks and crosswalks when walking downtown, and watch carefully and cautiously for traffic.
**Note: The following listing is tentative for 2020
- Cookies & Cardmaking (Hosted by Faith United Methodist Church - 15 W. Columbus)
- CW Middle School Vocal Ensemble Holiday Performance *SATURDAY ONLY - (Hosted by Faith United Methodist Church - 15 W. Columbus St. 5:30 p.m.)
- Meet Frosty the Snowman (Hosted by e-Merge Realty, The Megan Bell Group - 11 N. High)
- Pet Pictures with Santa (Hosted by Friends for Life Animal Haven, Vasko office- 19 N. High)*$10 donation suggested
- Cookies & Hot Savannah Cinnamon Cider (Hosted by NewLife Church office – 20 E. Waterloo)
- Meet the Grinch (Hosted by HER Realtors, Smith Home Group - 25 N. High)
- Meet Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Hosted by Rise Realty, CW - 36 N. High)
- Outdoor Christmas treats (Hosted by Re/Max Connection – 74 N. High)
- Food, Friends, & Fa-La-La Fun! (Hosted by our many quaint local shops & restaurants along High Street and Waterloo Street!)