Christmas in the Village
2021 Christmas in the Village
Canal Winchester’s annual storybook Christmas celebration will be held in the city’s historic downtown on Friday, December 3 and Saturday, December 4 from 6:00 - 9:00 PM.
Activities will take place on the sidewalks and streets of downtown Canal Winchester as well as inside several business establishments around the city’s municipal office building at 36 S. High Street.
For more information about Christmas in the Village, please contact Karen Stiles, Executive Director of Destination: Canal Winchester at 614-270-5053.
Christmas in the Village is a partnership between the City of Canal Winchester and Destination: Canal Winchester.
Christmas in the Village Activities
- Tree Lighting - Begins at 6:00 PM at Stradley Place Greenspace (36 S. High), Courtesy of Santa Claus
- Visit with Santa - Stradley Place Greenspace (36 S. High), Courtesy of Destination: Canal Winchester *Look for Canal Winchester Human Services’ Adopt-A-Family Toy Box! Food, Toy, or Donation to Adopt-A-Family Program always appreciated!
- Popcorn Station - Hosted by Miss CW Pageant Queens, Stradley Place (36 S. High)
- Children's Train Rides - Courtesy of Lithopolis Honey Fest, Stradley Place (36. S. High)
- Ice Sculptures - Stradley Place (36 S. High)
- Meet Santa's Elves - Hosted by Olivia Hammond, ERA Real Solutions Realty (Stradley Place Greenspace, 36 S. High)
- Inflatable Snow Globe - Stradley Place Greenspace (36 S. High)
- Hayrides - In front of municipal building (36 S. High), Courtesy of Dill’s Greenhouse and local volunteers
- Gingerbread House Contest - Hosted by HER Realtors, Kelly Abbott (11 S. High)
- Children’s Coloring Contest - Hosted by Canal Wigwam (4 S. High)
- Children's Take-Home Craft - Courtesy of CWES PTO (Town Hall - 10 N. High)
- Craft Bazaar & Train Display - Community Center (22 S. Trine), Courtesy of Destination: Canal Winchester
- Santa Arrives by Firetruck - Santa arriving downtown at 6:00 PM. Click here for a map of the route!
- Christmas Trolley - Stops at Stradley Place, Community Center, and Train Depot
- Brockstrong Holiday Lights Parade with Santa - Begins at 5:30 PM with Santa arriving downtown at 6:00 PM. Click here for a map of the route!
- Live Reindeer - Stradley Place Greenspace (36 S. High)
- Shuttle Service - Stops at Stradley Place, Community Center, and Train Depot, Courtesy of Canal Winchester Human Services
Visit our Historic Downtown Business District
during Christmas in the Village!
For those visiting our Historic Downtown Business District during Christmas in the Village, the following activities will be hosted by businesses located outside of the Christmas in the Village street closures. Please use sidewalks and crosswalks when walking downtown, and watch carefully and cautiously for traffic.
**Note: The following listing is tentative for 2021
- Cookies & Cardmaking - Hosted by Faith United Methodist Church (15 W. Columbus)
- Complimentary Hot Chocolate and *Live Music - Hosted by David's United Church of Christ (80 W. Columbus) *Live Music, Saturday only 7-8 PM
- Pet Pictures with Santa - Hosted by Friends for Life Animal Haven, Vasko Office (19 N. High) *Suggested $10 donation
- Meet Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Hosted by Rise Realty (36 N. High)
- "Storybook Christmas: A Christmas Carol" Special Themed Activities - Hosted by the Canal Winchester Area Historical Society (10 W. Oak)
- Food, Friends, & Fa-La-La Fun!- Hosted by our many quaint local shops & restaurants along High Street and Waterloo Street!