The City of Canal Winchester’s Department of Public Service performs administrative, technical, operational and maintenance activities in support of an estimated $200 million in public infrastructure. The Department strives to protect the City's investment in its infrastructure and public facilities, plans for future improvements to address changing needs, and ensures the health, safety and quality of life for the citizens of Canal Winchester in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
The Department of Public Services organized into 7 divisions:
- Information Technology
- Parks and Recreation Facilities
- Streets, Lands & Buildings
- Urban Forestry
- Water Reclamation
Included in Public Service is:
- 48 Centerline miles of streets
- 62 Miles of sewer pipe
- 41 Miles of water mains
- 39 Miles of storm drain pipe
- 10 Parks with 157 total acres
- 5 Miles of paved multiuse paths
- 10 Bridges
- 8 Culverts
- 14 Traffic signals
- 45 Buildings and structures
- 50 Vehicles and pieces of equipment
- 475 Street lights
- 4,500 Street and park trees
- 17 Landscaped areas
- How do I purchase a Canal Winchester Swimming Pool Membership online?
- What's the city's Snow Removal Policy?
- What's the city's Mailbox Replacement Policy?
- What's the city's Leaf Removal Policy?
- I am new to the City of Canal Winchester. Where can I find information about utilities?
- I received my utility bill and the usage seems high. What do I do?
- I paid my utility bill through my bank before the due date but I just received a late bill with a penalty. Why is this?
- I have a manhole in my front yard. Is it OK to cover it up?
The Canal Winchester Transportation Thoroughfare Plan is intended to serve as a planning tool and guide for City officials regarding transportation policy and investments. The purpose of the plan is to create a vision of the future transportation network by assessing travel demand and establishing a functional hierarchy of roadways that promote local and regional connectivity, support economic development, and provide appropriate capacity.